College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Programs & Concentrations
BFA in Design – Major
Fashion Design (BFA Concentrations)
Interior Design (BFA Concentrations)
BS in Design – Major
Design Management (BS Concentrations)
Merchandising (BS Concentrations)
The Department of Design is a dynamic department where design reaches across multiple disciplines. The Department of Design offers two undergraduate majors; Bachelor of Science in Design and Bachelor of Fine Arts in Design. We are the only university within the Commonwealth of Virginia to offer these Design degrees.
We offer a variety of concentrationswithin our design department: Fashion Design, Interior Design (accredited by CIDA), Merchandising which encompasses both Interior Merchandising & Fashion Merchandising, and Design Management. We were ranked one of the Top 10 programs in 2011 by Design Intelligence.
Our students participate in stimulating summer internship experiences, and travel to exciting fashion and design centers in Atlanta, New York, High Point, Charlotte and Chicago.