Congratulations to Judge Harrell
H. Lee Harrell, Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney in Wytheville, has been a frequent contributor to the Virginia Police Legal Bulletin. At the last session of the Virginia General Assembly, Lee was selected for a 6-year term as General District Judge for the 27th Judicial District. Lee is a graduate of Wake Forest University and the Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary. The General Assembly could not have made a better choice. Congratulations, Lee!
- Article: Amendments to the Virginia Rules of Discovery pertaining to Criminal Cases
- Article: The Use of a Drug Detection Dog to Sniff at the Front Door of a House is a Search
- Article: Drug Detection Dogs and Probable Cause
- Article: Detention of Persons Not Present at the Scene of a Search
- Code of Virginia Update: Concealed or Contained?
About the Bulletin
The Virginia Police Legal Bulletin is a publication of the Virginia Police Legal Advisors Committee (VaPLEAC) of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police. The Bulletin is published online several times a year. The purpose of the Bulletin is to provide timely information about court cases, legislative actions, and general subject matter of interest to police legal advisors and law enforcement officers in Virginia. Read more.