Academic advising is a dynamic relationship, a developmental process through which an advisor (faculty or professional) and advisee (the student) establish a shared partnership leading to the development of academic, career, and life goals by the advisee. The advisor serves as a teacher, guide, and facilitator, encouraging the advisee to assume responsibilities for making decisions, thinking critically, utilizing resources, and reaching their potential.
Donna Dunn, Advising Coordinator
- Transfer Guidelines
- FAQ About Transferring
- Virginia Community College Pre-teacher Education Articulation Agreement
- Federal TEACH Grant Information
- Field Experience Programs
- Testing Requirements [pdf]
- Training for Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect
- Application for Virginia Teaching License [pdf]
- State Department of Education All Fifty States and more...
- State Contacts for Teacher Licensure
- Tips for Becoming a Teacher
Resources, Services & Support