Suggestions for Studying Math
How to Study Math
- Keep up - review notes after class.
- Take good notes - put everything from the board on paper.
- Read the text - if you don't understand, get help.
- Get a study friend.
- Have a set time and place to get math homework done. Treat it as a scheduled class. The library or LARC are good places to do homework.
How to Study for Math Exams
- Starting on day one - do homework.
- Memorize formulas - use flashcards.
- Rework problems that you missed on the homework.
Math is Problem Solving
- Read the full question.
- Analyze and compute.
- Given/Find/Need - what's given, what do I need to find, and what do I need to do?
- Draw pictures - this can simplify the problem.
- Use a calculator - do calculations twice.
- Check your results - do the problem again another way.