Focus2 is an online interactive, self guided career and education planning system designed to help students make decisions about their future career goals and education plans.
Focus2 will guide you through an interative process enabling you to:
- Assess your career planning readiness, work interests, values, skills, personality type and leisure time interests.
- Broaden your career options and discover occupations matching your personal preferences and attributes.
- Decide which career fields, majors and training programs are best for you.
- Plan the career and educational pathway that will support your personal needs and goals.
Focus2 Career & Education Planning Workbook: The Focus2 Companion Workbook includes an orientation to the system and the career planning process. Journaling exercises and career development activties reinforce students' use of Focus2. (Word format)
Colleges, Universities & Graduate Schools
- College Board Online: Search for two-year and four-year colleges and universities, graduate schools, professional schools, technical schools, and for scholarships and financial aid. Provides online SAT registration for two and four-year colleges and universities.
- Gradschools.com: Excellent multi-lingual resource for linking to graduate schools either by program or location.
- Peterson's Education & Career Center: Search for colleges and universities, graduate schools, studying abroad, summer programs, language studies and financial aid. Search by major programs of study, geographical location, keywords and alphabetically.
Financial Aid, Scholarships and Loans
- Princeton Review Financial Aid: Financial aid information.
- U.S. New and World Report Financial Resources: Financial aid resources available on the internet.
- Career Magazine Online: A catalog of Internet resources about careers.
- Inside Career Info: Hundreds of people offer candid reviews of their careers along with helpful tips and insights.
- The Riley Guide: A directory of employment and career information sources and services on the internet. Primarily intended to provide instruction for job seekers on how to use the internet to their best advantage.
Salaries, Wages & Trends