Chair and Professor
- B.S. (Forest Resources), University of Washington
- M.S. (Renewable Natural Resources), University of Nevada-Reno
- Ph.D. (Park and Recreation Resources), Michigan State University.
- Academic interests: Natural resource recreation, international education, management, planning, and sustainable development.
- Over one hundred presentations and publications. Recent activity included presentations in France (ecotourism), Canada (planning and community development), and Mexico (sustainable development).
- Helped create a student/faculty exchange agreement with Blaise Pascal University in France.
- Took the lead on RCPT’s reaccreditation document (Fall, 2008).
- An academic accreditation visitor for the National Recreation and Park Association (recertified in Baltimore, 2008).
Office: 150 Waldron Hall, (540) 831-7720.