College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Production Technology concentration prepares students for positions in creative production in corporate, industrial and other professional environments, as well as working in the areas of Web, multimedia, radio and television and field production.
Production Technology Concentration (36 hours)
Core courses: Students in the School of Communication must complete these two courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
- COMS 130. Introduction to Communication
- COMS 330. Communication Theory
Required Courses (27 hours)
- COMS 146. Media Performance
- COMS 226. Digital Imaging
- COMS 246. Basic Audio Production-Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. Requires COMS 146, Co-requisite COMS 247.
- COMS 247. Script Writing-Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher. Requires COMS 146, Co-requisite COMS 246.
- COMS 346. Electronic Field Production-Requires COMS 130, COMS 246, and COMS 247. Co-requisite COMS 347.
- COMS 347. Video Editing and Effects-Requires COMS 130, COMS 246, and COMS 247.
- COMS 400. Media Law and Ethics-Requires COMS 130 and COMS 330, or permission of instructor.
- COMS 446. TV Studio Production-Requires COMS 130, COMS 330, COMS 346 and COMS 347, or permission of instructor.
- COMS 482. Production Technology Portfolio-May be repeated, but no more than nine (9) hours may be taken for credt. Requires COMS 130, 146, 246, 346, 347, 446, and 330.
Electives - Choose nine (9) credit hours of electives from School of Communication courses. Six of those hours nust be at the 300-400 level.