The concentration in Public Relations prepares students for positions as professional communicators by providing a combination of technical communication skills and theoretic knowledge necessary to make them competitive for entry-level public relations positions.
- COMS 130. Introduction to Communication
- COMS 330. Communication Theory
Required Courses in the PR concentration:
- COMS 225. Introduction to Public Relations
- COMS 231. Communication Research
- COMS 235. Writing for Public Relations
- COMS 240. Teamwork
- COMS 314. Organizational Communication
- COMS 408. Public Relations Management
- COMS 411. Public Relations Media and Campaigns
- COMS 416. Business and Professional Communication
- COMS 499. Internship*
*Students wishing to complete an internship must have a 2.0 GPA in the major, a COMS writing class and have completed 75 hours. They must apply and interview for the privilege of participating in an internship experience. No more than 6 hours of internship credit may be used to meet requirements for the major.
Three elective courses in COMS (9 hours).