College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
VIRGINIA PRESS ASSOCIATION -Limited Number of Student Scholarships Available
Click on this link to learn more: Get all the Conference Details here
The Virginia Press Association (VPA) invites YOU, students, to attend our April 8th annual conference - Press Forward. This conference will give you the opportunity to learn from industry experts, thought leaders, and award winning journalists all while networking and building connections with newspapers from all across the state and Washington D.C.
VPA welcomes and encourages student participation to help make our events dynamic and focused on the future of our industry. To help foster this, we are making limited student scholarships available: 5 FULL scholarships which includes the cost of lodging for one night and 10 programmatic scholarships which covers everything but lodging.
These scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to one scholarship per college/university.
Summer Internship Program-Port of Virginia
The Port of Virginia's 8 Week Summer Internship Program runs from June 5 – July 28 and is designed to develop, teach and mentor undergraduate and graduate students as they explore career opportunities within the maritime industry. Students will be given the opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to hands on project focused tasks in various departments throughout The Port of Virginia.
Detailed descriptions for each of the individual internships are available through the careers section of our company website: Summer Internship Program.
Students interested in multiple internships must submit a separate application to each individual posting.
- Must be available to work full time (40 hours per week) during June 5 - July 28.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited four year college program (having completed freshman year).
- Must have a 3.2 GPA or higher (must be able to provide proof of current enrollment and GPA if selected).
- Selected applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment background check which may include any of the following: Academic record and verification of education and/or certifications;
- Employment history (including references); Criminal history; Driving record; Fingerprinting; drug and alcohol testing, Fit for duty Physical, Other records or information related to the candidate's suitability for the position.
Interested students must apply via The Port of Virginia by March 3rd www.portofvirginia.com/about/careers
- Must attach a resume
- Must attach a cover letter/statement of interest that addresses the following:
Why are you interested in this Internship Opportunity?
What impact do you feel this Internship Opportunity will have on your long term career goals?
What course work/classroom knowledge do you feel you would be able to apply to your work environment?