Music & Multimedia Summer 2014 Course Info
Information Session on Thursday, Jan. 30 at 5:00 p.m. at the Bonnie Hurlburt Center, Room 210
Courses are during Summer Sessions I – II
About the Course Sequence:
Take four iPad-based multimedia production courses during the summer, work collaboratively with other students on a local community project, then earn a total of 12 credit hours in summer I and summer II. Keep your day job – classes meet just one day each week!
This is a collaborative effort between RU's Department of Music and the RU School of Communications.
COMS 226 Digital Imaging (TU 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
MUSC 127 Introduction to Computer Music (TU 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
COMS 146 Media Performance (TU 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.)
MUSC 100 Introduction to Music Literature (TU 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.)
- You must enroll in all four courses.
- Receive 12 credit hours after successful completion of both the Summer I and Summer II semesters
- Develop multimedia skills through comprehensive development of group-based projects using mobile touch-screen devices
- These courses can count toward core curriculum or electives, as well as elective and/or major course requirements
- Gain valuable music and video editing experience developing multimedia projects for the Wilderness Road Museum.
- Experience and analyze ways in which the visual and performing arts reflect and communicate aspects of the human experience.
Q & A
Q: Do these courses meet on campus or are they online?
A: These courses are classroom based. Classes meet on Tuesdays.
Q: Do I have to take all four courses?
For more details, email Dr. Bruce Mahin at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. West Bowers at email@example.com