** This schedule is tentative and subject to change **
** This schedule applies to the on-campus criminal justice graduate program **
** (View the tentative schedule of courses offered at the Roanoke Higher Education Center) **
You should work closely with your advisor to plan the schedule that best meets your academic needs. For full-time students planning to complete the program in two years without summer coursework, the following schedule is recommended:
Fall, 1st Year
Spring, 1st Year
|Fall, 2nd Year
(or Thesis, if MA)
|Spring, 2nd Year
(or Thesis, if MA)
This general scheduling advice is provided to all students:
- Register at your assigned time; do not wait until the beginning of the semester to sign up for classes.
- If you need a required course to graduate and it is full, please contact the department chair (Dr. Mary Atwell, email@example.com).
- Take CRJU-600 in your first semester or, if not available your first semester, the next time that it is offered.
- CRJU-670 is a prerequisite to CRJU-671; plan accordingly.
- CRJU-691 should be taken toward the end of your program.
A sample schedule for Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's students is available here.
Each required core course is offered once a year, on the following rotation:
|Fall Semesters||CRJU-600, Survey of Criminal Justice
CRJU-655, Constitutional Law and the Criminal Justice System
CRJU-670, Criminal Justice Research Methods
|Spring Semesters||CRJU-671, Quantitative Methods in Criminal Justice Research
CRJU-675, Studies in Criminological Theory
CRJU-691, Public Policy and Criminal Justice
In addition to the required courses, we offer at least three graduate electives each semester. We plan to offer electives on the following rotation:
||CRJU-590, Seminar: Emergency Management
CRJU-650, Criminal Justice Ethics
CRJU-672, Applications in Crime Analysis
CRJU-676, Environmental Criminology
CRJU-690, Seminar: Investigative Psychology
|Spring 2012||CRJU-590, Seminar: TBA
CRJU-638, Founations of Corrections
CRJU-673, Crime Mapping
CRJU-690, Seminar: TBA
||To Be Announced|