College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Carolyn Mathews
Carolyn Mathews was raised in Pulaski County, Virginia. She received her MA and PhD from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, specializing in American literature and composition and rhetoric. As a member of the English Education faculty, she teaches courses for future educators, including Teaching Writing and Grammar and Language for Teachers. She also supervises teacher candidates in their early field experience and student teaching. Her prior teaching experience includes fourteen years in Virginia’s public schools.
Her interest in English education began here at Radford, where she received a BS in English, and continued at Virginia Tech, where she completed an MS in Curriculum and Instruction. She received the 2011 Distinguished Teaching Award, given by the College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences.