College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Graduate Teaching Fellows Mentoring Program
- As part of the Graduate Program in English, you’ll take a wide range of courses in Scholarly Methods, English and American Literature, and Theory.
- Graduate Teaching Assistants learn the craft of teaching from seasoned professionals.
- Stipends and full tuition waivers are available.
- As a member of a teaching team, you’ll receive guidance and support from experienced and engaging teachers. Mentors, GTAs, and GTFs help each other to succeed in the classroom.
- Join a community of teachers, exchange ideas, share your experiences, and work directly with students.
- In your second year in the classroom, you’ll take charge of your own class and receive guidance from a faculty mentor and teaching team.
- Graduate Teaching Fellows design classroom activities, create grading criteria, and evaluate student progress, while developing their own philosophy of teaching.
- Applicants should contact Dr. Amanda Kellogg, Graduate Program Director, or Dr. Frank Napolitano, GTF Program Coordinator.
News: Former GTF Excels in Legal Competition
Katherine LaRosa (B.S. 2010; M.A. 2012) reached the final four for the 2017 ALA National Moot Court Competition's Best Advocate Award. Read more about Katherine's accomplishment in Illinois Tech Today.
Stipends and Tuition Waivers
- In-state first-year Graduate Teaching Assistants receive a full tuition waiver for 9 graduate credit hours (the typical course load) each semester and a $10,000 stipend per year.
- In-state second-year GTFs receive a full tuition waiver for 9 graduate credit hours (the typical course load) each semester and an $11,000 stipend per year.
- The program offers a limited number of full tuition waivers and stipends for out-of-state students.