About Us Academic Offerings Placement Language Lab Study Abroad Advising

Placement Credits

You can receive Radford University foreign language credits for studying a language in high school without taking the AP or CLEP tests. 

If your first college courses in a foreign language are on the second year level (FREN, GRMN or RUSS 210 or ARAB, CHNS, LATN, or SPAN 202) or beyond and if you receive at least a B (or better), then take a course on the 300 level and receive a C or better, you will receive an additional six hours of credit for the first year (FREN, GRMN or RUSS 100 and 200, ARAB. CHNS, LATN, or SPAN 101 and 102) that you skipped. To receive these credits you will need to come by the FORL office and fill out the appropriate forms.

Good luck with your placement.