College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Honors Go to Outstanding Faculty, Staff
Radford University honored six outstanding faculty and staff members during its 2013 Spring Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 11.
Each year the university recognizes teaching and administrative faculty members whose performances have been exceptional. Nominations are made by members of the RU community and are recommended to President Penelope W. Kyle by the Faculty Awards Committee.
The 2013 honorees are:
- Thomas Pierce, professor of psychology, Donald N. Dedmon Distinguished Teaching Professor. The Dedmon Distinguished Teaching award is given to a faculty member who is dedicated to teaching as a primary function at the university and demonstrates excellence in teaching and advising students.
- Alexei Orlov, associate professor of economics, Distinguished Creative Scholar. Orlov is recognized for his consistent record of creative contributions to his discipline, including basic and applied research, artistic production and creation of original works.
- Beverly Zeakes, professor and chair of the Department of Exercise, Sport and Health Education, Distinguished Service Award. This recognition goes to faculty members whose service, over an extended period of time, has contributed significantly to the enhancement of the university's operations, academic climate and sense of community.
- Erin Berman, instructor in the School of Communication, Anna Lee Stewart Award for Contributions to Faculty Development. This award recognizes faculty and staff members who have contributed substantially to the professional development of their colleagues.
- Johnathan Phillips, instructor in the School of Nursing, Distinguished Faculty Advising Award. This recognition goes to teaching faculty who demonstrate excellence in tending to the important responsibility of academic advising.
- Lora Gordon, university photographer in the Office of University Relations, Award for Administrative and Professional Excellence. This award goes to administrative and professional faculty members for distinguished leadership and superior service in their areas of professional activity within the university.
Each recipient received a plaque and a monetary prize from the Radford University Foundation Inc. and will consult with a committee of colleagues to select an outstanding student to receive a scholarship in the award recipient’s name.