Members of the political science department believe study abroad can be an important and life-changing part of your college education. Therefore, we support our majors’ efforts to find appropriate study abroad opportunities and to incorporate classes taken abroad into their major program. For more information on study abroad opportunities at Radford University, contact Radford University's International Education Center or talk to our Deptartment Chair Dr. Tan
Why Study Abroad?
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN WHEN YOU STUDY ABROAD THAT YOU CAN'T LEARN AT RU?
· Learn in-depth about the politics, economics, foreign policy, society, and religion of another country.
· Immerse yourself in a new language and culture.
· Visit monuments, religious institutions, art museums, historical battlefields, mountains and parks.
· Observer the balance of global political and economic power from a different perspective.
· Read the other country’s news everyday, and learn about local politics.
OTHER PLUSES TO STUDYING ABROAD
· Looks great on a resumé or graduate school application. Make yourself stand out from the pack.
· Show potential employers that you are open-minded in a globalizing world.
· Improve you ability to be independent and develop your confidence in handling new situations.
· Research shows that students who study abroad go on to have a higher GPA, graduate at higher rates, and improve their ability to acquire a language than a schoolmate who stays home.
· Make friends for a life time all over the world.