The deadline for submitting applications is February 15th.
In accepting applicants for admission, the department considers an applicant’s grade point average, scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), letters of recommendation, and the applicant’s work, life, and academic accomplishments. Although there is not a required minimum GRE score, the majority of students admitted to the psychology graduate program has a GRE score of at least 1000 (Verbal + Quantitative) and a GPA above 3.0. To be admitted on Regular Status, applicants must have completed a minimum of 18 semester hours of undergraduate psychology coursework. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is 550.
To apply, applicants must submit the following items of information directly to the College of Graduate Studies and Research.
Please do NOT send ANY application materials to the Psychology Department directly. This will result in a delay of processing your application. Information regarding the application process is available at from the Graduate College.
Applicants must submit the following items of information for admission to our program:
- A completed application form
- GRE scores (the subject portion is not required although it is recommended)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Three letters of references with at least one submitted from a faculty member is a psychology department (2 preferred), and
- A short statement (approximately 2 pages) regarding why she/he is interested in psychology and future plans.
If you have questions regarding the Experimental Program, please contact:
Dr. Dayna Hayes
Department of Psychology, Box 6946
Russell Hall 444
Radford, VA 24142