College of Humanities & Behavioral Sciences
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The mission of I/O psychology, in general, is to promote effective work behaviors. The mission of our I/O program is to ensure that organizations are staffed with high quality professionals who demonstrate an appreciation for and competence in organizational applications of psychological principles.
Radford University offers a master's degree in Industrial/Organizational psychology. We follow a scientist/practitioner model of graduate education. Because we believe we can best serve our students and the community (i.e., local industry) by taking an applied orientation, our students learn state-of-the-art techniques on how to conduct a job analysis, construct and validate selection tests, evaluate job performance, develop training programs, assess employee attitudes, promote organizational development, and motivate employees. However, students also learn the rationale behind each technique based on scientific psychology, and are encouraged to pursue research in related areas. Thus, students are prepared to enter industry or pursue advanced graduate study.