Part 1. Eligibility
To be eligible to earn course credit for a psychology internship, you must meet the following prerequisites:
- Be a psychology major
- Have earned 75 semester hours credit with at least 18 hours of psychology credit
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0
- Have a psychology GPA of 3.2
Part 2. Enrolling
There are several steps that must be completed prior to enrolling for internship credit.
- Locate and secure a position at an internship site. The internship must be related to psychology.
- Contact Dr. Hastings indicating that you have been offered or selected for a position. Please indicate the agency name, contact person (supervisor), and the dates of your internship.
- Complete internship proposal and internship agreement forms. These forms can be obtained from Dr. Hastings once you have secured a position.
- Submit internship proposal to registrar's office.
Part 3. Internship Course Requirements
- Complete 120 hours of work for each 3 hours of credit.
- Submit weekly logs documenting activities and hours.
- Attend meetings with internship course instructor.
- Obtain mid-term evaluation from on-site supervisor.
- Obtain final evaluation from on-site supervisor.
- Complete a major paper integrating internship experiences.