Established in 2001, the Nonprofit Development Leadership and Management certificate program offers the opportunity to earn a leadership and management certificate after completing certain requirements and a number of classes. The certificate program focuses on providing the skills needed by current and future leaders of nonprofit organizations. The program is designed to build a foundation of skills in the following core areas
- Board and Executive Relations
- Leadership and Management Skills
- Fund Development and Marketing and
- Business Management
To earn the nonprofit leadership and management development certificate a participant must complete 80 hours of classes, described below:
- Participants must enroll in the orientation class.
- Must complete a minimum number of classroom hours in each core area
- Board and Executive Relations (8 required hours)
- Leadership and Management Skills (8 required hours)
- Fund Development and Marketing (8 required hours)
- Business Management (12 required hours)
- Complete an additional 40 hours of electives from the above core areas.
- Complete a four-hour capstone course.
You must be enrolled in the program to earn credit towards completion of the certificate. To be enrolled in the program, a participant must attend an orientation class. The courses are offered in either four-hour or eight-hour blocks and are held at the Roanoke Higher Education Center and on the West Campus of Radford University.