The Core Curriculum Advisory Committee reviews proposals for new courses to be included in the Core Curriculum as well as changes in existing Core Curriculum courses. This page contains instructions for preparing these proposals and shepherding them through the proposal process.
The Approval Process for Core Curriculum Courses
Each proposal generated from within an academic department must obtain the following approvals:
- Departmental curriculum committee
- Department Chair
- College curriculum committee
- College Dean
- Core Curriculum Advisory Committee
- Faculty Senate Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Senate (as a whole)
- Undergraduate Curriculum and Catalog Review Committee
Once each committee has signed off on the proposal, the proposal will go into effect. Proposals should be submitted both electronically and on paper, due to the need to collect signatures. When a proposal leaves the college curriculum committee for CCAC, the paper version should be sent to Laurie Cubbison through campus mail at P.O. Box 6935 and she will bring it before CCAC. The electronic version should be sent to Laurie Cubbison and the current CCAC chair through email.
Course Assessment Forms
The following documents must be completed by departments with courses in the Core Curriculum.
- Appendix A - Detailed Assessment Plan Form as it should be submitted by Department or School for Courses in Areas 5 through 11, Health and Wellness and Foreign Languages
- Appendix B - Core Curriculum Data Submission
- Appendix C - Checklist for Assessment Plans