College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
The Department of Chemistry is dedicated to providing an excellent and rigorous undergraduate chemistry degree program. Our faculty take a very hands-on approach both in the classroom and laboratory, and we offer several degree options that include concentrations in professional chemistry, biochemistry, pre-health, and forensic chemistry. Learn More »
News and Events
A team of eight Radford University undergraduate students has received a coveted national award for its innovative approach to water purification.
A team of four RU undergraduate chemistry students combined to earn the Grand Champion Award for interdisciplinary research at the Sigma Xi Graduate and Undergraduate Poster Colloquium at George Mason University.
A team of eight Radford University students will present their water purification research and design project at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's People, Prosperity and Planet Student Design Competition.
RU senior Jacob Shelton was among 13 undergraduate chemistry students from the area honored on April 10 at the meeting of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS).
Cristina Spicher, a junior chemistry major with a forensic science minor, has always known she wanted to work in forensics.