UXB International, Inc. Position
JOB TITLE: Part Time Information Technology Assistant (Summer 2013)
SCHEDULE: Flexible schedule but within UXB operating hours of M-F, 8am-5pm
LOCATION: Corporate Headquarters – Corporate Research Center (CRC)
2020 Kraft Drive Suite 2100
Blacksburg, VA 24060
CONTACT: Gabrielle Randall – HR Generalist
Email cover letters and resumes to Gabrielle.Randall@uxb.com
SUMMARY: Installs, modifies and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical solutions and support to system users. Coordinates network and computerized management information systems. Maintains office equipment, security and directs movements of physical assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, and other duties may be assigned:
- Performs analysis of network needs daily, and provides updates, recommendations, status and completion information to manager.
- Identifies, procures, installs and maintains the hardware and software needed to meet user requirements, including servers, network operating systems, terminals, phone systems, copiers, fax machines, other peripheral equipment, and wiring.
- Coordinates with departments to customize and adapt current programs to meet requirements.
- Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades to optimize system performance.
- Coordinates computer operation scheduling, back-up, storage and retrieval functions.
- Schedules third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunication services.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Develops, maintains and tests system recovery plans.
- Establishes and controls systems access and security.
- Provides on-line support and trains users in network administration and usage.
- Administers email and anti-virus systems.
- Conducts research and procurement of computer trends, accessories and supplies.
- Organizes, researches, and executes movement of office assets.
- Maintains office security systems (e.g. locks and keys) to key areas.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. An individual must be able to work individually with minimal supervision. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Problem solving, customer service, communication, quality management, and organizational skills are needed in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Completed Bachelor’s Degree OR In-progress Degree preferably in Information Technology or Information Systems, and one year related experience and/or training. Experience and the understanding of the following is a must: MS Windows 7, Vista, XP Professional, SQL server,MS Exchange, MS IIS, CITRIX Metaframe, Windows Terminal server, PC compatible workstations, and servers. Cisco Firewall/VPN, Ethernet Networks, Ghost/Hard Drive Images, Distributed File Systems, Network Backup and Network Antivirus are fundamental. A MSCE, A+, or a CNAA is highly desirable.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of advanced calculus to provide engineering-related solutions to mechanical, geophysical and theoretical problems.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit (extended periods of time); use hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to inspect cables in the floor and ceiling. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will sit for extended periods of time and is occasionally. In addition, site visits may provide an infinite variety of exposure opportunities.Incumbent will always take appropriate precautions on any and all site visits.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMMENTS: It is the overall policy of UXB that safety, quality, reliability, compliance and effective efficiency are of the utmost importance. This position requires a high degree of organization. Incumbent must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently, prioritize workload, and monitor the performance of network systems.