DaProSystems Software Developer
|Job Title: Software Developer||Reports to: VP / CIO|
|Department: Software Development||Location: Roanoke, VA|
|Position Type: Full-Time|
Founded in 1984, DaProSystems is a leading provider of technology products and professional services for the public sector. Focused exclusively on the public safety sector, DaProSystems clients include police departments, sheriff’s offices, 911 communications centers, colleges & universities, corrections facilities and other public safety agencies. DaProSystems is a growing privately-held, family-owned and operated business. DaProSystems offers a fast-paced, high-tech work environment with potential decision-making and career advancement opportunities.
DaProSystems is seeking an experienced software developer. The software developer will be heavily involved in the development of the next generation of DaProSystems software applications. The software developer will be responsible for all aspects of the application development process: requirements analysis, system design, system coding, system testing, documentation, release and maintenance. This role may include some field work at client site locations.
This position reports to the Vice President/CIO, but may have responsibilities delegated from other management divisions. Some travel to client sites, users’ conferences, training events and industry events is required. A flexible schedule is also required; the position primarily encompasses normal business hours (M-F, 8X5) but some after-hours and weekend responsibilities may be required.
- Developing functional requirements for applications and subsystems
- Designing system architecture
- Programming application code
- Testing the system functionality
- Documentation of system functionality and usage
- Maintenance of system
- Communicating effectively with colleagues and clients (in-person, in-writing and via telephone) in relation to technical and system related issues/functionality
- Attending routine staff meetings, training events and industry-related events
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and/or significant work experience
- 2+ years of development experience (.NET preferred)
- SQL programming experience (SQL Server 2005/2008 environment)
- Effective unit and system testing skills
- Experience developing enterprise level applications
- Experience with object-oriented concepts
- Solid troubleshooting ability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger software development team
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Career oriented with an interest in continuing technical education and increasing position responsibilities
- Satisfactory prior employment history
- Must pass pre-employment screening including drug testing and criminal history/financial/background check
- Ability to work from a Roanoke, Virginia office location
- Experience with mobile application development and/or developing for the Cloud a plus
DaProSystems offers a competitive compensation package which includes salary, vacation, bonus/profit sharing and full benefits including health, life and 401(k) plans. Salary will be commensurate with applicant’s skill set and experience.
Interested persons should submit resume, cover letter, prior work history/salary information and references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF format Documents only please, with “Software Developer” in message title)
or mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
P.O. Box 20182
Roanoke, VA 24018
or Fax: 540.774.2893 / Attn: Human Resources
DaProSystems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of DaProSystems to provide equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, sex, age, color, national origin, or handicap and to provide all other conditions and benefits of employment in the same manner.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.