College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
The old Planetarium is now offline.
The new-and-greatly-improved Planetarium will come online by the end of March.
The exact date of the opening will be posted here.
The wait will definitely be worth it!
The current Radford University Planetarium has ended its 16-year run of public shows as of Saturday, December 19 with the 10:30am show. It's been a great run with over 40,000 cumulative visitors since the first public show in October of 1999. There will be a bigger-and-better facility opening in Radford University's new Center for the Sciences building in the spring of 2016. The exact opening date has yet to be determined--we still have some technical setup details to work out. But the new 33-foot-diameter dome, with its state-of-the-art digital projector and 54-seat theater will be able to greatly expand our educational mission in the coming years.
Schedule a Group Visit
We are happy to make special arrangements for groups who wish to visit the planetarium at times other than our regularly scheduled showtimes. If you have a group that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman (email@example.com, 540-831-5441).
No events found.