College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
2016 Science Exploration Day
Saturday, April 23, 2016
The 2016 Science Exploration Day at Radford University, hosted by the College of Science and Technology, is open to everyone! This event is free and open to the public. Classes will be geared toward school age students 5th-12th grade, but there will be activities for people of all ages. If a student is under 11, they MUST be accompanied by an adult for the program.
Registration is required and the deadline to register has been extended to April 23, 2016.
Participation is free but registration is required and can be done online. NOTE: Participants may want to bring a packed lunch for this event since it continues until 3pm.
Everyone should bring paper and a writing utensil.
Please read the following information carefully before completing registration.
Join Radford University professors and students for a day of science exploration in Radford University's laboratories and classrooms.
- 8:45am - Registration - Main Street Level - Center for the Sciences
- 9 am - Programs begin and continue each hour until 3pm
- 3pm - event ends - Main Street Level - Center for the Sciences
Cryptology - Making and Breaking Codes
Trebuchet demo - Launch items across the RU Campus
Cyber Security - Learn how data and systems are protected from attacks
Virtual Anatomy - Take a tour of the human body using our digital anatomage table
Forensic Anthropology - Discover what you can learn about a person from their bones: height, weight, etc.
Planetarium shows - Explore the solar system and beyond in the new, state of the art Radford Planetarium
Museum of the Earth Sciences sneak preview - Learn about the treasures of the earth in the new, larger MES space
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle demos - Learn how UAVs are being used in geology research at Radford University
Bug Biology - explore the frontiers of Bug Biology
*SPECIAL NOTE: DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL, THE MAGIC OF CHEMISTRY DEMOS WON'T BE AVAILABLE THIS SATURDAY.