The Radford University College of Science and Technology Summer Bridge STEM program is a week-long residential experience for rising sophomore, junior, and senior high school girls interested in science, technology, and mathematics. The 2015 edition of the program will take place from Sunday, July 12 – Friday, July 17, 2015.
Thanks to many generous donors and sponsors of the program, full scholarships will be awarded competitively to participants. The scholarships cover all costs of the program for recipients.
UPDATE: Our sponsors have provided additional money for scholarships, so we are able to re-open the application process for the 2015 program. While two of our programs are at capacity, the other three will have space available. Please review the curriculum options for details. Our new application deadline is May 18, 2015.
Donors and Sponsors
- Areva Nuclear Power
- BAE Systems
- Dr. Cliff Boyd and Dr. Donna Boyd
- Dominion Resources
- Jessie Ball duPont Fund
- RU Alumna Ms. Dale Lee
- Lynchburg Community Trust
- Novozymes Biologicals
- Harry and Zoe Poole Foundation
- Upward Bound Martinsville
Through classroom lessons, laboratory experiments, and field experiences, Radford University professors draw students in to the wonders of:
- Space Exploration - create a Martian rover
- Geology - study the making of mountains
- Forensic Science – combat “hackers” and analyze “crime scenes”
- Genes, Molecules and Medicine - learn about the biology and chemistry applications in medicine
- Environmental Science - studying habitats through examination of the environment