College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
RUBY International Summer Intensive Program
Join us this Summer!
June 19-29, 2017
2017 Brochure is coming soon
Ages: 12 to 21
Levels: Intermediate and Advanced
Audition required in person or by video** – to schedule please contact Inessa Plekhanova (email@example.com)
This classically based program is ideal for serious and dedicated ballet students age 12 and older who have had a minimum of two years of ballet training and at least one year of pointe training for girls. The two-week concentrated course work for intermediate and advanced level students will help them to realize their higher potential.
Ballet and Pointe classes will be taught by internationally recognized Vaganova certified teachers. The intensive ballet program will be supplemented by exciting modern and jazz classes. The program is a great opportunity to learn, to improve, and to have fun! Demonstration classes will be given at the conclusion of the program. Parents and friends are welcome to attend.
Private lessons, coaching, and competition preparation are available by special arrangement through the Program Director and for an additional fee.
Housing is available for international and out of state students on Radford University’s beautiful campus.
- Ballet Technique
Dress and Hair Regulations
Female students are required to have their hair pulled back in a bun whenever length allows, and are required to wear pink ballet tights and pink ballet shoes with a solid, dark-colored leotard.
Male students are required to wear black tights, black ballet shoes and white T-shirt without design, OR black tights, white crew socks, white ballet shoes and white T-shirt.
Financial Information and Deadlines
- Audition DVD or YouTube link (about 15 minutes of class work)** – Due by April 14, 2017
- Registration Fees - Due by April 28, 2017 - $150 non-refundable deposit (part of tuition)
- Full Tuition – Due by June 2, 2017 - $800 (including deposit) 2 weeks (full program)
- Housing – Due by June 2, 2017 - $860 - double occupancy, breakfast, lunch and dinner (full program)
- Full Tuition and Housing - Due by June 2, 2017
*The deposit will be refunded only in case if the entire program will be cancelled by the administration. We reserve the rights to cancel classes or change the schedule due to lack of enrollment and modify placement based upon a student’s level of preparation.
** The audition video material must include 3-4 combinations at the bar, one turns combination in center, three Allegro combinations (petit, medium, and grand), and two combinations on pointe. The length of the video should be about 15-20 minutes.
For more information please contact us at: 540-831-6337 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.