Core Curriculum Requirements (43-45 credits)
See Core Curriculum.
Dance Core (37 credits)
Theory Requirements (18 credits)
- DNCE 310 - Study in Somatics
- DNCE 410 - Accompaniment for Movement (TH)
- DNCE 465 - Dance Production (TH)
- DNCE 470 - Methods of Teaching Dance (TH)
- DNCE 480 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
- DNCE 481 - History and Philosophy of Dance (TH)
Technique Requirements (16 credits)
- Eight semester hours of modern dance technique courses
- Eight semester hours of classical dance technique courses
Composition Requirements (3 credits)
Dance Electives (9 credits)
All majors are required to complete nine additional semester hours of courses and may select courses from the following areas: technique, composition, and performance.
B.S. Degree Requirements and Dance Education Certification (21 credits)
- HUMD 300 - Human Growth and Development: Birth through Adolescence
- EDEF 320 - Introduction to Professional Education
- DNCE 370 - Creative Dance for Children (TH)
- EDUC 453 - Student Teaching: Grades K-12
Electives (8-25 credits)
Students should consult their advisors in selecting elective courses to complete the 120 semester hours required for graduation.