College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
We provide our students many opportunities to practice your craft and give you the close attention dance training requires. Find out how to schedule a visit, learn about upcoming recruitment events, and discover the process of applying and funding your education at Radford. Come sit in on a class, attend a performance and talk to our students.
What is required for admission to the program?
- The chair of the department handles the initial response to inquiries about the department of dance by phone, email and/or letter.
- The next step is a visit to campus at a time convenient for you and when classes are in session. The visit includes an audition class, personal interview, university tour, and appointments with admissions office and financial aid office and/or other academic departments if needed.
Dance Audition Class
The audition class is required before you may be considered for admission to the dance program. Many dance departments schedule one or two dates when interested students come to audition en masse. While this approach may manage time efficiently, it does so at the cost of individual personal attention. Bringing you to campus on a day when the department and the university are up and running gives a truer sense of what you can expect as a Radford University dance major. The personal interview, which typically lasts an hour, gives the chair the opportunity to describe the program in depth as well as to answer questions that the you or your parents may have.