College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
What is Design Thinking?
Design thinking is an innovative collaborative process for solving complex problems. Designers have been working within this framework for years – only recently have others found it to be successful across a multitude of non-design disciplines. The process requires empathetic problem identification through research and multi-disciplinary teamwork, brainstorming and ideation, prototyping and testing, revising, and finally implementation of the idea.
Design Thinking Collaborative with Special Education Teachers
The Design Thinking MFA Program at Radford University partnered with its advisory board and organizations such as The Council for Certified Virginia Interior Designers (CCVID), KSA Interiors, and Motivate Forward, to engage special educators in using the Design Thinking methodology to solve problems in the learning environment. Special Education faculty and Staff at Freedom Middle School in Spotsylvania County, Virginia participated in this pilot study.