The MFA in Design Thinking is an online graduate degree program that consists of 60 credit hours. Courses must be taken in a particular sequence, and students must start in the fall semester.
Radford University’s MFA in Design Thinking curriculum provides an approach that focuses on a number of core competencies including:
- The theories and methods relative to creative cognition - design thinking;
- The historical and political context of design - design history;
- The science of design grounded in research and scholarship - design research;
- The dynamics of team work and management - design management; and
- The experimental opportunities in virtual studios with team-based solutions - design doing.