College of Visual & Performing Arts
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Guitar Performance Emphasis
The B.A/B.S Degree offers those students interested in a performance emphasis the following elective courses:
- MUSC 497. Undergraduate Recital (3)
- MUSC 267:270. Fretboard Skills (2)
- MUSC 436. Guitar Ensemble (4)
- MUSC 421:422. Guitar History and Literature (4)
- MUSC 450. Guitar Pedagogy (3)
The Guitar Program is directed by Dr. Robert Trent, the first guitarist to receive the Doctor of Musical Arts degree at the Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University.
Students of Robert Trent are competition winners, performers, recording artists and instructors.
Performance opportunities are extensive. They may include the guitar ensemble departmental student recitals, junior/senior recitals, recitals that include musical collaborations with singers and instrumentalists, and possible performance with the chamber orchestra.
Students also have the opportunity to learn from the many guest artists throughout the year including the Radford University International Guitar Festival.