R.I.S.E. U.P. - Radford Inspiring Student Excellence for Underrepresented Populations
This is a program that is peer led to ensure the success of freshmen and transfer students at Radford University. You can serve as Mentor or we will pair you with an upper class mentor to encourage growth and development. The goal of RISE UP is to provide support and guidance to first year college students and to ease the tension of transition into an active student population and challenging academic environment. The encouragement from the RISE UP Peer mentoring program will provide a warm, welcoming, and a supportive experience that will increase your academic, cultural, and social integration into the campus community.
Mentoring program objectives
- To enhance personal and academic adjustment
- To provide students with a supportive social network
- To help students develop skills necessary for academic excellence
- To offer a continued source of information and guidance to college life
- To familiarize students with Radford University campus and community services and resources.