Radford Inspiring Student Excellence for Underrepresented Populations or R.I.S.E. U.P. is a mentoring program that will provide support and guidance to first-year and transfer students as they transition to the campus community. To promote student growth and development, R.I.S.E. U.P. mentors (i.e., upper-class students) and mentees (i.e., first-year/transfer students) will cultivate positive peer relationships through a variety of curricular and co-curricular activities. R.I.S.E. U.P. will provide mentors and mentees with a warm, welcoming, and supportive experience that will enhance their social, academic, and cultural engagement at Radford University and beyond.
- To provide support and guidance to new students
- To foster positive peer relationships
- To provide curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities
- To enhance personal, academic, and cultural engagement
- To serve as a referral agent for personal/academic support services and to familiarize students with campus and community resources
and If you are interested in serving as a Mentor, you can sign up at www.tinyurl.com/riseupmentor
October 7: RISE UP Kick off
- Meet & Greet | Information about RISE UP.
- Participants will also fill out participant survey.
October 14th: Mandatory Mentee/Mentor Training | Heth 157 from 3-5pm
- Mentees/Mentors will receive 1st match
- Go over expectations of both parties
- Pairs will plan accordingly for the upcoming events.
Week of October 17th: LARC
- Please work with your mentee/mentor to find a day to visit the LARC together
- Chat about areas of need for resources
Week October 31th: Spring Planning
- You will get an email of your 2nd match
- Plan to meet your new mentee/mentor anytime from 2-5pm in Heth 157 to plan spring classes
November 15th- Financial Help 101 | Heth 43 from 6-7pm
- You will get an email of your 3rd match
- Meet your new mentee/mentor at event
December 2nd: Holiday Cheer Party | 3-5PM | Heth 157
- Social before finals
- Choose final mentee/mentor!
Week of Finals: Stressbuster before finals | TBD
* If dates don’t above don’t work with your schedule, please find time to meet and go to other events through CDI events of calendar or through RUInvolved