Follow the instructions below to remove yourself from RU Alerts.
Visit the MyRU Portal Page and log in using your user ID and password. You will need to be logged in to see the RU Alert Services link.
- After logging in, click on the My Accounts tab. In this view you will see the Emergency
Notification System sign up box.
- At the bottom of the box you will see the active unsubscribe link. Click on the link and you will be taken to the box to unsubscribe. If you are sure you wish to unsubscribe you will no longer receive emergency alerts via non RU communications channels.
Students, staff, and secondary contacts who cannot log in to RU Alert
If you are a parent or someone who may have been listed as a secondary contact by a former RU student or staff member and you receive an RU Alert message call please contact the Office of Emergency Preparedness at 540 831-7155 or 6696 to request assistance. Please have the following information.
- Student ID number (if known)
- The name of the student or staff member and;
- The phone number you received the alert on