Radford University implemented a new vehicle rental contract that includes local and national rentals beginning Aug. 1, 2012. The university maintains the contract with Enterprise/National brands for employees renting vehicles. Facilities Maintenance & Operations serves as a destination for Enterprise rental local pickup.
To reserve a car please use the online reservation system. Rental rates include Damage Waiver coverage; refer to any restrictions for specifics on the rental process. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions for the answers to the most common questions asked regarding rentals.
Contact the Radford Enterprise location (540-731-3028) should you encounter any problems with the online system.
Locally, Enterprise utilizes the gas pumps at Facilities Maintenance & Operations to refuel and a Banner organization number is necessary to appropriately charge back these costs to Radford University departments. The banner organization code, along with the PO number, is required field when using the online reservation system. (If you are using grant funding to pay for your travel, please include the fund code instead of the organization code.)
Please be aware or adhere to the following guidelines when renting vehicles from Enterprise:
- For local rentals beginning on the weekend or before 7:30 a.m., an Early Bird Fee may apply. For example, a trip beginning on a Sunday would require the vehicle to be delivered to Facilities Management on Friday, an Early Bird Fee ($15 flat fee) would be charged.
- Several options (including GPS systems, Roadside Assistance, refueling, etc.) are available to renters for business and/or personal charges, be sure that you have prior department approval for any business-related charges.
- Return vehicles to Facilities Management on the day that the trip ends. Do not wait until the next morning or your department may be charged for additional hours.
- Make sure to place keys in the Facilities Management drop box upon return. Failure to return the keys to the drop box upon return can result in your department being charged for additional hours or days.
- Make reservations at least 24 hours in advance to ensure that Enterprise can supply the correct class of vehicle.
- Make van reservations at least two weeks in advance through the local office to ensure that Enterprise can supply the correct type and quantity of vehicles.
- Short-term vehicles rentals may want to utilize the university’s Enterprise carsharing program.
- Use these tips to conserve fuel: 1) Select the appropriate size vehicle for your needs, 2) Avoid quick starts or stops, 3) Don’t exceed the speed limit (use cruise control), 4) Remove excess weight from the vehicle, 5) Avoid idling
- When making reservations, include the mobile number of the actual driver (not the department or office number) so that the driver can be contacted if issues arise.
Emergency Road Service 24-hour assistance: Enterprise 1-800-307-6666, National 1-800-367-6767.