College of Graduate Studies and Research
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
If you have enrolled in a RU Graduate course as a “non-degree seeking” graduate student within the previous two years, your application is “current.”
If you do not have a current non-degree graduate application on file, follow the process for application as a non-degree seeking graduate student, as outlined below:
Apply online Pay Application Fee ($25)
Create or log-in to your ApplyWeb account, access the College of Graduate Studies and Research Application, and select “Non-degree” as your program choice on page two. Please follow the instructions to complete the application as indicated.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Certification of eligibility for enrollment as a non-degree student in graduate coursework requires submission of any one of the following documents:
- Official transcript showing most recent conferred degree (bachelor’s or higher) OR
- Certification of eligibility as a transient graduate student in good standing, with transfer permission at home institution for coursework to be completed at Radford University OR
- Educator’s Degree/Employment Verification Request Form for Non-Degree Enrollment OR
- Degree verification form, showing completion of a conferred baccalaureate degree
Test Scores - None Required *
Recommendations - None Required *
Transcripts - If you are submitting transcripts they must be received to Graduate Admissions (PO Box 6928, Radford, Virginia 24142) in the original sealed envelope in order to be official. If your institution provides official transcripts electronically, please request that your transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Specific certificates or courses may have additional requirements.
* Additional information may be required by some departments or programs as part of the approval process to enroll in particular course(s).
Online applications may be submitted up to two business days prior to the start of a given term to be considered for enrollment in that term. (The application will close at that point for that particular term, but you may still apply for admission for a later term.) Only complete applications may be considered for admission; therefore, you will want to submit your official transcripts immediately.
Once your application is complete and approved, you will receive a letter from Graduate Admissions with general registration instructions. Specific courses or programs may also provide specific instructions for registration. Please note that not all graduate courses can accommodate non-degree enrollment and degree- and certificate-seeking students receive priority registration in courses.
We look forward to welcoming you to Radford University! If you need assistance or have questions related to the Graduate Admissions process, email graduate admissions or call us at (540) 831-5431.
A word of advice…. Don’t delay! Complete your application and request your transcripts today. It can take several weeks for transcripts to arrive.