Kirk Scholar Applications are due March 15 by 5 p.m.
Applications should be sent to:
International Education Center
105 Cook Hall
P.O. Box 7002
Radford, VA 24142
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application prior to the course registration period. 3.0 GPA is required.
The application consists of:
- The Kirk Scholar Application (DOC)
- Personal Essay 1-2 typed pages, double spaced. Explain why you want to be a Kirk Scholar.
Discuss how your participation in the program would enrich your education and enhance your career goals. You may wish to include the following:
- Why is it important to develop knowledge of the Chinese language, history, and culture?
- How will the travel to China benefit you educationally and personally?
- What previous event or experience has prompted you to apply?
- What previous language and travel experiences do you have?
- How successful have you been so far in mastering a foreign language?
- List of extra-curricular and community activities
- Two letters of recommendation from educational or community leaders.
If you have any questions, please contact the Radford University International Education Center at 540-831-6200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.