The Division of Information Technology works closely with RU's purchasing department and Apple to get the appropriate configuration and to simplify the ordering process for iPads.
Step 1: Complete iPad Justification/Quote form and submit to Academic Technologies.
Step 2: Academic Technologies will provide quote with requested quantities and accessories.
Step 3: Enter Purchase order with the following information and attach completed iPad Justification/Quote form:
- Supplier: Apple Inc. Austin, TX - vendor TIN #942404100
- PO Description: Contract Line enter state contract# VA-100706-AAPL and iPad part number.
- Item Description: enter the quote description and "Engrave on two lines "Property of Radford University"
- Cellular Connectivity. The standard iPad connectivity is Wi-Fi (similar to a laptop). The optional cellular (3G) chipset is available. You must specify either AT&T, Sprint or Verizon. This data plan may not be purchased from University E&G and Auxiliary budgets. Individuals who purchase the data plan using personal funds may not request reimbursement from the University.
- iOS apps, due to Apple legal and the Virginia state purchasing guidelines, Radford University is unable to purchase "apps" from E&G and Auxiliary budgets. Individuals who purchase apps using personal funds may not request reimbursement from the University. However, Radford University will continue to work with Apple to resolve these obstacles and provide a mechanism for the university to purchase apps in the future.
- Standard warranty is 1-year for hardware failures. This is a consumer device, expected life span of approximately 18-36 months. AppleCare only extends this warranty to 2-years. This warranty does not cover accidental damage of screen damage or spilling liquid on the device, thus $99 AppleCare is not recommended. Departments are responsible if any hardware failure costs are incurred.
- iPads do not come with productivity applications. (Word, PowerPoint or Excel).