Student Support Center
In order to provide a high level of customer service to our students, the Technology Assistance Center maintains a Student Support Center, located in Heth Hall.
The hours of operation are:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are computers required?
Although not required, computers are strongly recommended for incoming Radford University students. There are several departmental computer labs located around campus for students in their discipline. The Walker Technology Center is the main lab on campus that has course-specific software available to students to complete course assignments. The center also offers color and black and white laser-jet printing for a minimal fee.
Does Radford University have a computer purchasing program?
Yes. Radford University offers students, faculty and staff an opportunity to purchase high quality computers at competitive prices and provides on-campus support. The advantages of purchasing a PC through the university’s purchase program include:
- Discounts negotiated by the university
- Industry-standard specifications chosen by Radford University
- On-campus technical support through the Technology Assistance Center and loaner computers during hardware problems with the purchase of 4-year extended warranty
What else should I know about computers on campus?
- Radford University is a wireless campus. For your residence hall, you will need a 25-to 35-foot ethernet cord.
- Your RU computer account will provide you with Internet access in all residence halls, classrooms and computer labs, an email account, online file storage (H Drive) and access to MyRU.