- Co-lead/teach your UNIV 100 class two times a week for fifty minutes.
- Prepare class lessons on topics important to the new student transition.
- Meet weekly with your faculty/staff instructor.
- Assist with the development of a syllabus for the course.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for academic and personal success.
- Support and attend the “Success Starts Here” series.
- Plan and implement out of class learning and community development opportunities for students in your class.
- Help with opening weekend activities including move-in and the New Student Welcome.
- Attend weekly professional development sessions on Wednesdays from 4:00pm – 5:00pm during the Fall semester.
- It is mandatory that you participate in all training sessions.
- Spring training is still to be scheduled
- Fall training will take place Sunday, August 17th through Wednesday, August 20th.
How will you benefit?
- You will have the opportunity to help other students succeed.
- You will gain valuable leadership experience.
- You will work closely with an RU faculty or staff member.
- You will help shape and educate the future of Radford University.
- You will be compensated at least $400.
- Know and understand the purpose of the Office of New Student Programs.
- Set an example (role model) for your UNIV 100 students.
- Know and understand the rationale for university and UNIV 100 policies and be able to explain and interpret these policies.
- Maintain a professional attitude while serving as a Radford University employee.
- Applicants are expected to be in Good Disciplinary Standing.
Preference will be given to Radford University students who have demonstrated the following:
- Students must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA by the end of the spring 2014 semester.
- Credit load while teaching: A Peer Instructor must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours unless an exception has been granted.
- A 30 minute individual interview will take place between February 4th - February 28th.
- All candidates will be notified of their status no later than Wednesday, March 5th.