The Quest Assistant is the most important position during Quest. Those selected will have the responsibility of representing the Quest Program and Radford University. Quest Assistants will be responsible for:
- Working on a team of faculty, staff, administrators and students that host and assist new students and their parents during Quest
- Serving Radford University as a role model and mentor to new students
- Assisting with academic advising and registration
- Relieving anxieties and allowing students and parents to feel comfortable, while aquainting them to RU
- Promoting interaction among new students during small group discussions, icebreakers, meals and the student social
- Performing in "Scenes from a Freshman Year"
- Living on campus for the duration of the position
- Freshman applicants must complete 12 hours in the Fall semester with a GPA of 3.0. To maintain your position, you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the end of the Spring semester with 24 hours completed.
- Continuing students should have a GPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
- Must be in Good Disciplinary Standing
- Must be planning to return to RU in the fall, enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Must be willing to live on campus during training and Quest sessions
- Must be able to attend all training sessions (Maymester conflicts with summer training, so applicants cannot plan on enrolling in Maymester.)
- Exhibit leadership potential, work well in group situations, and have excellent communication skills.
- Learning to effectively work with peers, faculty, staff, parents and new students
- Group Facilitation Skills
- Radford campus resource information
- Quest program information
- Academic Advising and CORE curriculum training
- Training to give campus tours
- Spring training will take place on five consecutive Tuesday evenings from 6:30pm - 8:30pm beginning on March 19th
- Summer Training (tentative) will take place May 27th through June 12th
- Quest Assistants will receive a $1,350 stipend (minus any applicable taxes)