We appreciate your interest in applying for a QA position.
We will be using an online form as your application. On the application you will be asked for:
- A list of up to five campus activities in which you have participated, including any leadership positions held, and the dates involved
- An employment history, including your employer's name, job responsibilities, and the dates (month and year) of employment
- The names, phone numbers, email addresses, and titles/positions of two references. Please be courteous and ask your references prior to submitting their information.
- References can be any two RU faculty or full-time staff members, including Resident Directors or Graduate Teaching Assistants.
- One reference may be from a person outside the University OR one from a former Quest Assistant or your Peer Instructor or your Resident Assistant. Note: Your non-RU reference should not be a relative or friend.
- We suggest that you ask people who know your skills, abilities, and commitment to the university such as faculty or staff with whom you have personally worked.
- Let your references know that they will receive an email with a link to an online reference form shortly after you apply. Please do not wait until the last minute to apply since the reference forms and application are due at the same time.
- On the application, you will be asked if you waive your right to review the completed reference form. This is your choice, but by clicking the box waiving your access, you are demonstrating your trust in your reference.
- Three essays. Please type your answers to the questions below in single document and you will upload them as part of your application.
- What does it mean to be a Quest Assistant?
- Tell us one thing about yourself, which would not be obvious from your application and campus involvement, that you think makes you an excellent candidate.
- Describe one event/moment since arriving at RU which has changed you. How are you different?
- Please have all of the information above ready before you start your application. You need to complete the application all at once - you cannot save it and return later.
- Applicants will be notified on Wednesday, November 6th if they will be moving on to the next step in the process.
Thanks for your interest, but the application
deadline has passed.