- The pool may be used by Radford University students, faculty, staff and members only.
- All people using the pool must show I.D. upon entrance into the pool area. Guards—keep cards in file box.
- No alcoholic beverages or persons consuming alcohol are permitted in the pool or outside deck area.
- No smoking in the pool area or on outside pool deck.
- No glass bottles.
- Remove all Band-Aids, hairpins, etc. before entering the water.
- Shower before entering the pool. You must re-shower if you have been on the patio and want to re-use the pool.
- Do not dive off the starting blocks (Starting blocks are for swim team use only)
- Do not throw objects into the pool for diving retrieval.
- No flotation devices in the pool. Exception: Water wings may be used with direct parent supervision.
- No excessive talking to or distraction of lifeguard on duty.
- A child under 18 years of age may attend a dependent swim only when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The parent or guardian must remain in the pool area at all times when a child is using the pool. A non-swimming child must have a parent with them in the water at all times.
- No rough play, shoving or general horseplay.
No running on the pool deck.
- Swimmers are not to hang or play on the lane lines in the pool.
- No persons will be permitted to swim having skin lesions, discharges, sores, or inflamed eyes, mouth, nose, or ear discharges.
- Profane language or any type or behavior annoying other swimmers is prohibited.
- No responsibility is assumed for lost articles. For your safety, use a locker and a lock.
- Patrons are to refrain from petting or necking when in the pool and pool area.
- No prolong breath holding permitted.
- The lifeguard is in complete authority, must be obeyed at all times, and has the authority to suspend individuals or organizations from the Dedmon Center swimming pool.
- Diving Rules
- One person at a time on the diving board.
- One bounce prior to diving.
- The 3-meter diving board is for intercollegiate divers and instructional use only.
- No swimming in the diving area unless you have permission from the lifeguards.
- No stunt dives allowed off the boards or pool sides.
- Do not dive until previous diver has reached pool side or bulkhead.
The pool and/or locker rooms will be closed for home basketball and volleyball games, as well as swim meets. Check the bulletin board for changes in schedule.