About the Steering Committee
The Scholar-Citizen Steering Committee meets twice monthly and, in conjunction with the Scholar-Citizen director, is responsible for the launch, continuing administration, and adjustment of the Scholar-Citizen QEP.
During the 2013-2014 academic year, Steering Committee meetings are held the first and third Monday of each month from 2-3 pm in Heth 18. All members of the RU community are welcome.
The Steering Committee:
- refines curricular and co-curricular dimensions of the QEP such that they remain consonant with the Radford University mission;
- oversees faculty and staff development to deliver the QEP curriculum and co-curricular initiatives;
- recommends modifications in response to ongoing assessment of student learning and programmatic outcomes;
- recommends allocation of appropriate fiscal and human resources to fulfill the mission of the QEP including review and recommendation regarding applications for Scholar-Citizen designation and funding; and
- assists with the maintenance of an ongoing internal and external communication plan with all key constituencies.
- QEP Director (non-voting ex officio);
- one teaching faculty from each undergraduate college;
- one representative from the Faculty Senate Executive Council;
- one representative from McConnell Library;
- one representative from the Office of Academic Budgets;
- two representatives from the Office of Career Services and Community Engagement;
- one representative and one alternate from the Office of Academic Assessment;
- two student representatives; and
- two representatives from the Division of Student Affairs.
By 2/3 majority vote, the Standing Committee may include additional voting or non-voting committee members as needed to conduct the committee’s business. The Standing Committee determines the process by which these additional persons are selected.