RU celebrates the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
Radford University will again celebrate the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr. with a series of events that will promote diversity on campus.
RU will host events throughout the week of Jan. 20-26:
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. Monday, Jan. 20, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cultural Jeopardy, sponsored by the NAACP, will take place in Heth 44. Tuesday, Jan. 21, 7 p.m.
- Men of Standards and Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. will present "Brother 2 Brother: The Definition of Manhood" in Heth 014. Thursday, Jan. 23, 7 – 9:30 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Peace and Reflection Hour, Hurlburt Student Center 250. Friday, Jan. 24, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Peace Card signing, Hurlburt Student Center. Friday, Jan. 24, 10 a.m. to noon.
- MLK/Battle of the Bands trip to Atlanta. Saturday, Jan. 25 and Sunday, Jan. 26.
The Martin Luther King Jr. Commemorative Program, originally slated to take place on Wednesday, Jan. 22, will be postponed to a later date due to inclement weather and travel complication for keynote speaker Michael Eric Dyson.
For more information about these events, email the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at email@example.com.