Educational Leadership 635
EDEL 635: Seminar in Problems of Educational Leadership
Credit Hours: (3)
The course will be conducted in seminar format with professor and students identifying the major problems currently facing educational leaders. Once the problems have been identified students will be expected to conduct research concerning the problems, report their findings, and offer potential solutions to the problems.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
1. Identification and examination of the various problems faced by educational leaders.
2. Review of current literature and research of problems faced by education in the United States.
3. Identification and examination of societal conditions that presently impact education in the United States.
4. Identification and examination of potential resolutions to problems currently faced by educational leaders.
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
This course may involve:
- group/individual presentations by students
- small group discussions
- guest speakers
- student initiated interviews
- library research
- role playing/simulation
- in basket activities
- case studies
Goals and Objectives of the Course
Having successfully completed this course the student will be able to do the following:
1. Identify the major problems faced by education in the United States today.
2. Identify the social problems that affect education in the United States.
3. Analyze how the problems faced by education in the United States impact educational leadership
4. Research in depth, and report findings concerning one of the major problems facing educational leaders in the United States.
5. Offer possible solutions to the major problems faced by educational leaders.
Assessment measures may include the following:
- essay examinations
- individual presentations
- group presentations
- evaluation of class participation
- class attendance
- written assignments
- in-basket activities
- research papers
- objective tests