Exercise, Sport and Health Education 363
ESHE 363: Seminar in Professional Fieldwork
Prerequisite: Junior Standing; minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Credit Hours: (1)
Examines issues in ESHE fieldwork. Provides information for resume writing, interviewing, job search skills and contracts.
Note(s): This course is required for admittance to ESHE 463. Pass/Fail.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
It is intended that ESHE 363 will serve the student and program in four ways:
1) To introduce the student to current issues affecting the student's entry into the fields of ESHE.
2) To teach techniques which will assist prospective graduates in locating, interviewing for and receiving professional positions.
3) To assist the student in recognizing specific job interest and defining career goals.
4) To assist the student in selecting an intern position in ESHE and to partially screen prospective interns through a recommendation for admittance to the fieldwork program.
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
Teaching methods may include one or more of the following:
- guest speakers
- class discussion
Goals and Objectives of the Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
1) Identify current issues affecting the development of an employment potential in ESHE.
2) Illustrate personal career goals and employment requirements.
3) Conduct a successful fieldwork job search.
4) Write job search letters including cover and follow up letters.
5) Develop a professional fieldwork resume.
6) Identify and obtain a fieldwork position.
7) Discuss the concept of being a professional in the fields of ESHE.
Assessment measures may include one or more of the following:
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
September 2001 Reviewed Gib Darden