DNCE 201: Intermediate Pointe Technique
Credit Hours: (2) Four hours technique
Based on the Vagonova System, a scientific, thorough, and highly expressive classical ballet training method. Concentrates on basic essentials of pointe technique, using specific exercises to develop strength, proper alignment, and correct execution.
Note(s): May be taken multiple times for credit.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
- Releve 1st, 2nd, and 5th position
- Echappe 2nd and 4th positions
- Pas de Bourree Simple
- Pas De Bourree Dessus-Dessous
- Assemble- Soutenu
- Releve sur le cou-de-pied
- Jete (all Directions)
- Pas De Bourree Simple en tournant
- Pas De Bourree Dessus-Dessous en tournant
- Soutene en tournant
- Coupe Ballonne in poses and with traveling
- Releve de Jambe En L’air (45 degree)
- Tour Sur le Cou-de-pied from 4th, 5th positions, degage en dehors, and en dedans
- Tours en dehors and en dedans in diagonale
- Changement De Pied
- Pas Couru
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
A professional approach based on the Vagonova Method of Training of pointe technique, which allows the intermediate student to gain competency of basic pointe work.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the conclusion of the course, the student will:
1. Demonstrate an intermediate level competency in the pointe technique.
2. Demonstrate and intermediate level ability to perform and appropriate classical variation or set of combinations.
Assessment measures may include direct observation, digital/video taping for analysis and skills tests.
Other Course Information
1. the proper fit of pointe shoes
2. the proper sewing and preparation of pointe shoes.
3. the ability to identify variations for ballet repertoire.
Review and approval
Revised April, 2009