DNCE 405: Advanced Ballet
Credit Hours: (3) Six hours technique
Based on the Vagonova System, a scientific, thorough, and highly expressive classical ballet training method. Barre and centre practice, including adagio and allegro techniques on an advanced level.
Note(s): May be taken multiple times for credit.
Detailed Description of Content of Course
Advancement in degree of difficulty of all turns on demi-pointe and pointe; Addition of double turn to sur le cou-de-pied at the barre and tours en L’air for boys in allegro. Development of stage skills based on previously learned material and learning the most advanced jumps and turns.
- Rond De Jambe En L’air (90 degree)
- Sissonne Ouverte en tournant en dehors and en dedans
- Sissonne Renverse en dehors and en dedans
- Grand Cabriole
- Grand Pas De Basque
- Temps Leve a La second en tournant
- Jete Entrelace Battu
- Sissonne Tombe en tournant
- Jete Par Terre en tournant
- Grand Pas De Chat
- Pas De Ciseaux
- Grand Jete en tournant
Detailed Description of Conduct of Course
A professional approach in which the Vagonova Method of Training in classical theory and technique is taught to and practiced by the advanced student.
Goals and Objectives of the Course
At the conclusion of this course, the student will:
1. Demonstrate technical competency on an advanced level.
2. Execute the advanced ballet combinations, steps and poses with musicality and projection.
Assessment measures may include direct observation, digital/videotaping for analysis, class attendance, practical and written examinations.
Other Course Information
Review and Approval
Revised April, 2009